The Mathews Family

The Mathews Family

Friday, January 29, 2010

Laundry Mayhem

So its blog time. The only reason I’m really getting to this now is I’m sitting in the laundrymat running 7 loads. Yeah you saw that right. So if you figured it out….my washing machine is broken, and the part is on backorder. So here we are 4 weeks after it is broken, trying to catch up on the massive piles before we leave on our trip next week. Oh yeah, the trip, we are headed to Indiana to take a NANC course in Biblical Counselling. We’ve been wanting to do this all of our married lives, but between layoffs, babys and rough pregnancies this is the first year the Lord has opened the door. Our church is paying the expenses, and my parents are watching the kiddos. Yes that means pray for them if you think of it between Feb 7-12. J I’m doing much better with the pregnancy. The vomiting has all but stopped and I’m getting huge. I have a feeling this baby is going to be my largest. I’ve managed to avoid much pelvic pain this time and its been just the normal pregnancy stuff now. Ian is growing very tall. Hes starting to read and its been really fun quizzing him on his blends and helping read 3 letter words. Fiona is quite the character and Colleen is such a girly girl. Today Colleen had beads around her neck and had made linking rings into bracelets for her arms. How’s that for a 20 month old?! Fiona is very excited about going to preschool with Bubby next year, we just have to convince her the potty is necessary. Its been quite the trial. We’ve tried several times but she just doesn’t get it. I’m hoping to have her trained in the next 8 weeks, because I really don’t want three in diapers again. Well, my laundry is almost dry, my back is worn out and I’m running out of time here, so I’ll wrap this up. Ministry is busy as usual, if its not serious counselling issues, its problems with the heater or sickness creeping in. We are enjoying this time, but often feel overwhelmed by all the constant shifts. I think this week away of training, being in the Word, and spending time as a couple will help us feel more prepared to serve those we love in our church and community and will help us get a re-set button on the year. Hope you had a great January I can’t believe mine is over! J God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers