The Mathews Family

The Mathews Family

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nesting Time

So the time has come. Actually its been here a while. Since I seem to move much more slowly the farther I progress, my panic has set in sooner this time. I think it has something to do with the 3 little blessings that tend to make a mess faster than I can clean up. Also it has to to with me just not being able to bend over anymore. I'm so thankful that this is almost at an end. God has been good to help me through the really trying months of sickness, and now that my pelvis is seperating, I'm trying to work on being patient for God's timing in the matter. I'm very concerned that this one will show up on April 4th-Easter, which is sweet if you aren't a pastor's family! Thats pretty much the busiest day of the year for us!

We have gotten a ton done around the house lately, but have you ever noticed the more projects you start, the messier it gets before it gets clean? We've been so busy on indoor/outdoor projects that laundry and dishes fall behind, and then its catch up time on those. The nice weather has made it possible to get tons done outside and in, but it makes it more difficult to get the "normal" stuff done. I'm so thankful for a working washing machine, and dishwasher (yes that broke down last week) I'm just waiting for the fridge or oven to go....its been eveything else the past 2 months. Oh yeah, our white car got totaled (thankfully not our fault) so we had to find a new vehicle in the middle of all the preparations. We got a Ford Windstar mini-van so that we have a backup if our free Plymoth hits the dust. We got the van at an auto auction. Wow, that was quite the experience.

Before I forget I should post a couple of cute kid sayings for now. Yesterday I said to David "I wish I had a little money for something." He says "What a new body?!" I said(sarcasticly) "Haha....no, a pedicure" (since I can't reach my toes.) Ian pipes up..."Mom, I think a new body would be better so that way you can bend over!" Haha...we just died. Gotta love the practicality of a five year old.

The day before that, all the kids were singing and talking at the breakfast table...someone started asking for Paw-Paw...and pretty soon they were all calling out "paw-paw!!!" really loud just to be funny. After a minute Fiona says matter of factly "paw-paw doesn't hear us, hes in his hotel far away" Pretty funny. (David's dad works in the area and stays up here once every three weeks, so they get to visit his hotel occationally.

Colleen is still our little chuckler...she got to ride in the baby swing yesterday for the first time all year and she just didn't stop laughing. No squealing or yelling like the others, just giggles. So precious.

I'm very ready to meet little Devin Kearney. So are all the siblings. Daddy would prefer we wait until after Easter! :) We may not have much of a choice in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers